Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

March 22, 2009

Bison Hunt

Finally the Youth Pioneer Trek of 2009 was on. Wayne and his jeep where the ambulance/find whom ever rescuers. They told the story about Ephraim Hanks shooting a bison for the pioneers. So one appeared on the trek and was shot. Very convenient for the telling of the story. So Wayne had a photo opp. Needless to say 1 youth passed out when they were dressing and cleaning the animal. Prayers where answered- great weather, no major injuries and the spirit was deeply felt. An experience we won't forget.

2 comments:

Sandi and Curtis said...

I guess kids today are not used to acquiring meat NOT in a store!

Leah said...

I wish they had done something like this on Christopher's Trek. As far as I know, they didn't even have to kill a chicken! It would have been so good for all of them!